So the theory holds true. We had a lot of success today, and it was always when I found a reason to step out for a few minutes. He loves to call me back and show me his little surprises.
I know you are probably tired of hearing about all this bathroom behavior. I'm getting tired of talking about it, but still I have to brag about two things that happened today. 1) He was telling me when he had to go, and actually going! I am still shocked by this one. Last week he was very good at telling me when he had already gone in his pants. So when he mentions potty seat, I just assume there is already a missed opportunity. Well today, he would tell me potty seat BEFORE he needed to go! I think he's really getting it. Something clicked! And 2) We were out running errands for two hours this morning, and Tyler stayed dry the entire time. We visited the potty seat first thing when we got home, and he went right away. He was very good at surprising me today. I just had to brag.
Now on to non-potty topics...
Tyler put his sandals on all by himself today. He got them on the correct feet and did the velcro all by himself. I didn't know he could do that!
He has gotten really good at filling in the words on books we read often. If I pause, he will pick up where I left off. He has such a good memory!
And lastly, I am getting such a kick out of watching him play with Matchbox cars. He drives them all around, stops suddenly and says, "We're here!" Then he drives some more, comes to a stop and says, "We're home!" He also loves to get out his tool set and "fix" the cars.

3 comments:
He put his own sandals on? He's growing up so quickly. So glad to hear today was another success. Love the photo. He is absolutely adorable.
I love the picture of him fixing cars.
And yes, they have such good memories!! I honestly don't think I could fill in half the words that Caroline can fill in, if the tables were turned (probably because I half pay attention to some of the story lines).
Good job Michelle on sticking with it (the potty training that is). :) The last pic is adorable!
Post a Comment