Friday, June 5, 2009

5 Happy Years


I love to celebrate anniversaries.  Each year I think that I couldn't possibly be any happier with this husband that God gave to me.  And yet, each year, I am again amazed at the ways I have been so richly blessed with a man who loves me more than I deserve.  

I got to marry an amazing man 5 years ago.  The neat thing about it is that he keeps getting more amazing all the time.  I share my life with a rare man.  He is a man who tells me I look beautiful when I am feeling ugly.  He is a man who never raises his voice in anger, even when I give him reason to be upset.  He doesn't walk away when I'm being unkind, but he stays and listens to me talk, always striving to put any disagreements behind us.  He is a great daddy to his little boy.  I love listening to them reading together and playing together at night.  He supports us and is committed to his job, yet still puts his family first.  He is funny and gentle, good -looking and sensitive.  He is walking with the Lord, and I see Jesus in him.  It is because of the way he follows Jesus that I know he will continue to be this amazing man that I married 5 years ago, and he will continue to be someone I love, respect, and cherish even more every day.  I could not dream of anyone better for me than Todd.  



2 comments:

Connie said...

What a special day your wedding day was!

You are so right. Todd is wonderful and honey, so are you. It's so fun to see how happy you two are together and so obviously in love. You are great parents too and we are so proud of you. I continue to thank God that you found each other. Happy Anniversary you two!

Love,
Mom & Dad

Becky Perez said...

This is so sweet. I think you and Todd have a great relationship and family. You are an example to us!! Happy Anniversary!