I threw Tyler's high chair cover in the wash the other day. It says "hand wash only," but the thing was looking nasty all over. I washed it on gentle and hung it over the bathtub to dry. Tyler noticed it hanging there and quickly pointed it out. I explained that it was wet and needed to dry. He promptly found a towel and started drying it off with the towel. He is such a clever little guy!
If I leave shoes laying around the house, he will pick them up and put them in their proper place. He definitely gets that quality from his daddy.
He only gets up on his step stool in the bathroom from the right side. If I'm standing in the way, he will move me over.
He enjoys searching for things. The whole time he is looking he says, "Where are you?" He also likes it when I'm looking for him. One of his favorite things to do while I'm in the kitchen is get into the pantry and shut the door. He calls out, "Tyler, where are you?" As soon as I "find him," he goes right back in..."Where are you?"
He figured out how to close doors by hanging onto the door knob, but he still hasn't figured out how to open them!
Tyler always asks for a napkin when he's eating. Speaking of eating, he now sits at the big table in his booster seat. No more baby highchair. He also successfully uses a spoon and a fork (most of the time). I am so impressed with his manners.
When he does something he knows he shouldn't have done, he will look at me and say mwaaa (big kisses). I guess he is hoping his cuteness will keep him out of trouble. Of course, it usually does work.
And my favorite...He says "I love you" unprompted. He sure knows how to melt his mommy!

4 comments:
Very cute stuff! Those little things don't sound so impressive to everyone, but when you see a child do them for the first time, and you can witness firsthand the connections that are being made out of nowhere, it is awesome!
Precious!! You'll be so glad you've got all of this documented. And I'm really impressed that you picked up on his habit of getting on his step-stool from one side. He's so lucky to have you as a mommy.
What a sweet little boy!
His "luv u"s melt his Grandma's heart, too. Looks like he likes wearing his cap daddy-style.
Post a Comment