Monday, February 2, 2009

Play Room, Cake, and A New Car

Tyler's playroom has been an ongoing work in progress for a year now. I started by painting the walls a fun yellow. Then my dad was able to make me some really nice cubbies that look just like the ones from Pottery Barn Kids! I still needed a cute little table and decorations for the wall. I finally found an affordable table at a consignment sale over the weekend, and I finished with my wall letters! I'm really happy with how it turned out!




Even though my real birthday isn't until Wednesday, Todd took me out to celebrate on Friday. I got to see New In Town (Todd doesn't usually agree to girly movies at the theater) and have a really yummy dinner at Zio's. Todd was extra thoughtful, though. My mom came over to babysit for us, and arrived before Todd go home from work. When Todd got home, he had a surprise for the two birthday girls!


It was so sweet because he came up with the idea to get us a cake, and he even decorated it himself! We were quite excited.

When I found Tyler's little table for the playroom, Nana found him a car! He loves driving the car. Everytime we go into the garage to get in the real car, he wants to play with his little car instead. Suddenly he is much more difficult to get into his carseat. He steps into the garage yelling, "car, car!" It even plays music when he hits the buttons on the dashboard.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Your playroom looks great! Happy Early Birthday! Looks like you and Shane are going to have the same birthday. Unless he decides to arrive tomorrow. I tried to email you, but I'm guessing I got the address wrong. I'll have to give you a call and get the right address.

Nalley Family said...

The playroom looks great!! I am so glad you guys got to celebrate your birthday this weekend! Happy Birthday!!!

Katie said...

The playroom is so cute! I love the cubbies your dad made. They look like you bought them in a store.