Today is my mommy's birthday! Because of that, I put together some things you all should know about this special person.
1) She is one of my very best friends. I can talk to her about anything and everything. She encourages me so often, and even though I am all grown up, I still look up to her. I have always been so grateful for our close relationship.
2) She is great at talking to everyone. She is one of those people who can start a conversation with strangers in an elevator, a grocery store, or anywhere else. I have always loved that about her.
3) She is forever in a happy mood. When I talk to her on the phone and she has a headache, I would never know unless she told me. She is always so happy sounding! She can be driving to work and telling me about the crazy, busy day ahead of her, but she says it with such a bubbly voice that it seems she is excited about it.
4) She will babysit for me whenever I want...after work hours, of course. This makes it so much easier to still go out with Todd after having a baby!
5) She gives good serving sizes of desserts. No one has to fight over the big piece, because they're all big! I love that! We like it when she cuts the cake on birthdays!
6) She has always been a part of every big thing in my life (and little things too for that matter).
7) She is not afraid to share her faith. I admire that so much.
8) She is one of the most unselfish people I have ever known. Everything she does is to help other people and make them happy. Do you know she has been getting up early to make my dad's lunch for work for 30 years?
9) She has such a big, genuine smile. It comes from the inside, and isn't fake. You can't help but smile when she does.
10) One "I love you" is not enough. She says it 3 times! She sometimes feels so much love she has to sing it! The best part about that is that it's rubbing off on Tyler. Sometimes he will say, "love, love, love!" because that's the way his Nana says it! We all feel extra loved around here.
Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you bunches!
Love, Love, Love!


2 comments:
Oh Michelle, what a precious gift. Your sweet words have so touched my heart.
I could say all these things about you as well! Thank you, sweetie.
Love, love, love!!!
Mommy
Michelle,
What a sweet tribute for a wonderful mom. I am so thankful that Todd has such a great mother-in-law!!!
Love Ya,
Karolyn
Post a Comment