My favorite Valentine's Day memory was from a time before Todd and I were married. He came to my apartment that night and cooked dinner for me. He spent a long time, making sure everything was just perfect, complete with tomatoes and red bell pepper cut to look like roses and hearts. It was quite the masterpiece! We ate at the table on the balcony, all dressed up, with soft music playing through the opened window. If I had a scanner, I'd share the pictures with you. It was really cute.
This Valentine's Day, Todd wanted to delight me again with his fancy cooking skills. He made salmon and shrimp on the grill. We didn't want to go through the work of dressing up, and we ate inside where it wasn't raining and muggy, but it was very romantic because my sweet husband went through a lot of work to make the evening special. He is all about presentation.
Dessert was even more impressive. He even wrote on the plate in chocolate... Fancy! Yes, there is a brownie under there somewhere under all the ice cream and whipped cream.
And it was nice to have a night to ourselves. Tyler stayed at Nana and Grandpa's house, so we got to eat a peaceful dinner at home with no discussions about manners, and no highchair to clean off afterward!
What a thoughtful man the Lord has blessed me with. The best part about it is that he is like this all the time, not only on Valentine's Day! He gets more wonderful all the time. I am so very thankful for my Todd.
Thanks for the special night, Todd! I love you!


2 comments:
Nice job, Todd. Now show us the haircut!
Todd has always put a lot of creative thought and effort into his gifts, and he's a better cook than his sisters!
Post a Comment