I had a moment today. You know, one of those special times you know you will never forget. It will be a warm, fuzzy time I can think back to when I'm stressed out. I will always smile when I think back to the special time we had today.
Before naptime, Tyler and I have always read books together. Now that Allie is here, she sometimes gets to read with us, depending on if she will sit still and quiet so Tyler can hear. Today is a particularly dreary day. For me, these are the perfect days to snuggle up and read. Both my kids were feeling extra snuggly too. We sat in the rocking chair together, one little angel on each side, and we read together before naptime. They were both so calm and so sweet, cuddled up in my lap. I was so enjoying the moment that I found it difficult to read at times. I was sad when our story came to an end and it was time to get up again.
Thank you, God, for my extra special moment today. It's one of those parts of being a mommy that makes all the not-so-fun stuff worth while.

No comments:
Post a Comment