I always thought that little kids, especially 2 year olds, don't remember anything for more than a few minutes. Tyler has completely changed my thoughts on that because he remembers EVERYTHING. I'm serious. I can go to the store without a list if I want to, and Tyler will remember all the things on the list I am suppose to be getting. He will even inform me if I'm getting something that was not on the list. He remembers things from weeks ago, even months ago and will bring them up in full detail. Tyler saw a picture of a starfish yesterday, and immediately started telling me about the starfish he got to touch in the water when we went to the aquarium. He was so detailed about everything he remembered, and that was a long time ago! I also like how I can tell him our plans for the week, and each day he remembers what we will be doing that day. It's actually a little bit scary how good his memory is!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Memory
I always thought that little kids, especially 2 year olds, don't remember anything for more than a few minutes. Tyler has completely changed my thoughts on that because he remembers EVERYTHING. I'm serious. I can go to the store without a list if I want to, and Tyler will remember all the things on the list I am suppose to be getting. He will even inform me if I'm getting something that was not on the list. He remembers things from weeks ago, even months ago and will bring them up in full detail. Tyler saw a picture of a starfish yesterday, and immediately started telling me about the starfish he got to touch in the water when we went to the aquarium. He was so detailed about everything he remembered, and that was a long time ago! I also like how I can tell him our plans for the week, and each day he remembers what we will be doing that day. It's actually a little bit scary how good his memory is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's a really good memory for such a little guy....I remember when Addie started doing that, but it wasn't quite as early at Tyler. And he will get better at it every day!
The National Geographic "In The Womb" documentary says infants start having memories in the womb. There is research showing that if you play a song to them a lot in there, they'll recognize it and respond to it more vs. other songs after they are born. Pretty neat!
What a great memory. But, the really scary thing is that he will always remember those things you said you would do (even in passing comments)!
Post a Comment