Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas Eve...My parents stopped by before church to enjoy some Christmas cookies and check out Tyler's new big boy bed. He was very excited to show it off. Tyler read the Christmas story to everyone, and then we headed to church where we met up with Uncle Mike.

Tyler with Grandpa and Nana

My handsome boy all dressed up for Christmas.

I think it's so cute how he puts his hands in the pockets of his dress pants, just like his daddy.


After church we ate out for our annual Christmas Eve dinner out. Then we went to Nana and Grandpa's house to open presents!

Tyler got a train table! It is by far his most favorite gift this year. Todd is wondering where we're going to put it. I think it looks just fine in the middle of our living room :)

One of Tyler's favorite things to do this year was to help hand out presents to everyone. He did it on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. He was quite the little helper. And, there is nothing cuter than hearing him say, "Merry Christmas!" as he hands you a gift.

Nana made a birthday cake for Jesus. Not only is it pretty, but it is seriously the best cake I have ever had. I'm not kidding about that.

Christmas morning... We slept until 8:30 because we were all up so late the night before. We opened presents and had breakfast before packing up the car and heading to Tyler to visit Grandma and Grandpa Perry!

Here is the kitchen we got for Tyler! It took Daddy four hours to put together the day before. It is so fun to watch him put cookies in the oven and take them out with his pot holders. He then lets me know that they need to cool off, but they sure smell good!

opening presents

We spent the second part of Christmas day, and the rest of the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Tyler had a great time playing with his aunts and their doggies too! I really need to get better about taking pictures while we're there.

Casey enjoyed helping us all unwrap our presents. She loves to shred wrapping paper. I think it's more fun for her than getting presents. You will notice she has already grabbed hold of the ribbon in this picture!

This was Tyler's last year as the only grandchild. Next year he will have a little sister and a cousin to share in all the fun and celebrations. He told me he plans to read his "Baby Jesus Bible" (the Christmas Story) to Allie. I think she will like that very much.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: