

My little man continues to grow up. He will be 18 months old this weekend - another big milestone. Every month I say that it has been my favorite of them all. I am beginning to look forward to each new month with anticipation rather than sadness. Yes he is growing up, but that is a good thing. God has created such a beautiful, healthy, smart little boy. It is SUCH a JOY to watch him try new things and succeed. It is so neat to listen as he repeats new words and understands when I talk to him. I still watch in wonder as he runs from one room to another, gets down from the couch by himself, or stands on his tippy toes to reach something. It was only a few months ago when he could balance just long enough to take a few brave steps. Last year at this time he wasn't even eating solid food yet. Now he is sitting at the table eating sandwiches all by himself. His little imagination is growing too. His Little People walk around and talk to each other. His stuffed animals give kisses and go for rides in all sorts of bowls and boxes. He can build walls, roads, and houses with anything from blocks to pillows to books. My favorite of all his developments are the super strong hugs he runs over to give me for no reason at all. I can feel so much love in those tiny little arms wrapped around me. Thank you, Lord for these 18 wonderful months with this wonderful little boy. I look forward to all the rest.

2 comments:
when did you take Tyler's paci away? Was it hard? I've been trying not to give Joseph one b/c Reece STILL has hers at night and it's going to be SO hard for her to give it up. But, I can tell that Joe really wants to suck and he's starting to use ME as his paci!! Not good!
What a sweet little man!
Post a Comment